Sunday, December 2, 2012

Don't rest, just go longer!

2 hr ride today. My husband brought our little one over to a friends house for mass quantities of football viewing and I had a lot of time on my hands. I missed my baby so much! The workout was a welcomed distraction to help pass the time once I got all the cleaning and toilet bowl scrubbing done!

My legs aren't trashed and I got some goo d energy towards the end. I did the whole thing as a fartlek and picked up the pace at random increments for random durations.

One of the smartest things to do to help train for a half marry is to get your body used to being on the move for longer than normal. Cross training is very welcomed here to help reduce the risk of injury. You can go a lot longer and at a much higher intensity/faster pace than if you were running = improved fitness = smart!

If you're bored, lonely, or feeling blue use your workout to fuel you too.

No comments:

Post a Comment