Thursday, September 22, 2016

Paradise is a state of Mind

Paradise is not a state of being, but a state of mind. It exists within us not always around us. It is our creation.


Real life is messy; I started this blog back in 2012 to help keep my training on track for the Olympic Trails. I failed. I'm way off track with where I was going with the most successful failure during my November attempt; but I understand where I need to be and yet I carry on. I may color outside the lines here and there but I'm still headed in the same general direction to move forward towards that goal experiencing life's ups and downs and ins and outs. I use my running as happiness, therapy, justice, politics, hope-- all of it. It's messy. I'm sweaty, my hair is never brushed. But that's how it is and I can't picture it going any other way but imperfectly. 2020 is a short ways away in terms of the grand scheme of things so yes, I keep going in my mustache sported knee socks. You want to see my training journal? it's pretty messy too... I write on a dry erase calendar in my kitchen, the note app on my phone, scrawled out in a hand written day planner. There's order, kind of.

This week so far:
Sunday- 9 miles with last 3 miles at half marathon pace (final mile was close to a flat 6)
Monday- 9 miles easy
Tuesday- 60 minutes spin bike in afternoon, 45 minutes before bed
Wednesday- 10 miles easy
Thursday- 12 miles in a bit under 1:20:00 for a happy widdle tempo.
Friday & Saturday are going to be high mileage in attempt to prep for the Chicago Marathon this Octoberuary :)


I have been averaging around 75-95 miles per week like the village idiot. But it's a paradise mental state I've created for myself with running. And I'm using my happiness to bring awareness to purple. yeah, shut up, I'm still on my purple streak. and you should be too!

I'll be rocking all purple even the purple hair did again for the marathon to raise hope for domestic abuse survivors and push the message LOVE IS KIND.


1 Corinthians 13:4-7

 Love is patient, love is kind. 
It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 
It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 
Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 
It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.




No comments:

Post a Comment