Wednesday, September 28, 2016

YOU'RE FINE. "you're fine"..so keep going.


That’s absolutely 1000% true. You are fine. Whatever is raging on can be temporarily calmed. Yup. Try telling that to someone who is suffering from any sort of abuse. Try telling that to someone who is giving birth without the happy drugs. Try telling that to someone who is in a war zone. So, why not. Just suck it up. Keep going. You’re fine. Fuck that. Those are the most annoying words ever expressed to anyone who has ever tried to swim upstream in shit creek. Until it happens to you- YOU DON’T KNOW.  

But you will know why I race in purple. Maybe even reddish purple or pinkish purple because I am broke and I can't afford Lady Gaga's matching purple punk ensemble with meat shoes. 

So let us begin this whole horrific tale at the beginning of the end and work our way through. After I got out of grad-school I started working in corporate fitness for Motorola- not mobility because I don't rep those phones- I was on the side of Solutions. My clients were mostly software engineers and sales peoples and random other levels of upper and lower I have no idea what the hell they did but I enjoyed the presence of every single one of them. I taught a ton of group fitness classes and specifically this tale begins with my regular Friday's Core training class. That's where this horrible phrase entered my life before it really meant something. " YOU ARE FINE". is what I would repeatedly say to my class as they held planks on their elbows or repped out hundreds of push ups only to sink back into that goddamn plank position without any hope of recovery. "YOU ARE FINE." I would tell them in the most calm-almost laughingly sweet voice. It was fun to make them hate me. It was fun to be the villain making them push through tough workouts. My class would laugh at this phrase and they got my crazy sarcasm. But to a point I was dead serious, because if the hardest part of your day is gritting through a fitness class- yes, YOU ARE FINE! you can preserve through far worse situations. So you know what, quit your bitching and hold that damn plank. Don't let your butt sink down. Fix that shit. Suck it up and keep going. YOU ARE FINE. You haven't yet scratched the surface of human mental tolerance and survival.

I wish I could give you a tell-all of what it was and what it felt like since 2012, but until I write that anonymous novel, you're only getting maybe a quarter of the story. Here are the "Facts" you should know:

1. I stand against any form of abuse. Love should be kind. Verbal, mental, emotional, physical, sexual-all of it is extremely harmful and we should be educated on how truly awful it is and courts and family counsellors, lawyers, all of them should be educated on all forms of domestic abuse and how it affects victims and their children.

2. I am FINE and will always stand and continue to fight for the rights of those who are just a number in the court docket. Fight for those who feel they have their rights silenced through advocating education, awareness, and support. 

Roses are red. Violets are blue. Red and blue make purple the color of bruises and scars. I race in purple from my hair to my socks to bring awareness for domestic abuse and much needed family court reform. 

We can all stand together and be more than FINE because We can help heal. 




No comments:

Post a Comment