Saturday, January 28, 2017

On the Run


Life is better on the run.

Whether your completely barefoot running at full speed through the grass into the sand- Life is much better on the run. 

As snow collects on the ground, we have that choice to stay in on the treadmill or face the music outdoors where our toes freeze and our faces sting. I miss summer runs. so, so much. But the trick is to find your beach where ever it is that you are. Paradise is motion and just being able to run is bliss. So blissful in fact that if you are like me, and you are injured you feel like you want to punch everyone in the face outside you see running past happily and just ruin their precious little jog because you are so inwardly miserable and depressed from not being able to run. #runnerprobs. #tendonitislife....which leads me to my original whole saga for this blog of my life on a stationary bike. Slowly rehabilitating tendonitis post Chicago Marathon has been mentally awful. Yes, I can run an hour now again happily a few days a week. Like a mule, I stubbornly still go out for runs a few times a week to not totally lose my mind (not that I recommend people doing this...because sometimes injuries just work themselves out the more you run...again...probably best to avoid doing what I do)....I quote the lyrics of Roger Alan Wade...

If your gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough!
When you get knocked down you gotta get back up.
Thats the way it is in life and love
If your gonna be dumb you gotta be tough. 


So for me right now. my beach is sitting on a spin bike in my room pretending like im running on my days of no running.





No comments:

Post a Comment